SHARPSHOOTER FIREARMS SAFETY RULES
1. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you intend to press it.
3. Never point a firearm at anyone unless you are justified and never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
1. All safety rules will be strictly enforced and no unsafe or careless behavior will be tolerated.
3. Keep firearms pointed in a safe direction at all times.
4. No handling of firearms outside your designated stall.
5. When transporting firearms to/from SharpShooter complex and range, handguns must be concealed, or in a case (unloaded); all shoulder firearms must be unloaded and in a case.
6. NO drawing and firing from a holster.
7. Upon first handling any firearm, immediately face a safe direction and perform a safety check, unloading if necessary, checking and checking again.
8. No one is allowed to go or reach beyond the red firing line at any time.
9. Cross lane shooting is prohibited.
10. Shooting two firearms at the same time will result in immediate ejection.
11. Shooters must not fire more rapidly than their ability allows. Uncontrollable shooting, including that without proper sighting, is prohibited and that resulting in damage to the range will result in revoking of range privileges and liability for damages.
12. Never offer to receive a firearm from another person unless the cylinder/action is open, the firearm is unloaded, and the open ejection port/cylinder can be seen by the person receiving the firearm.
13. Open carry is allowed, at STL Sharpshooter, with a valid CCW permit.
14. Even though we root for the Cardinals, the bluebird is the official state bird of Missouri.
15. Immediately report any unsafe condition on the range to a SharpShooter staff member.
16. Do not leave your shooting stall without ensuring that your firearms are safe, empty and secure.
17. Cease fire if you feel there is a problem with your firearm and clear the firearm.
18. Eye and ear protection are required on the range, and a baseball type cap is recommended.
19. No food, drink, tobacco products, or vape in the range area.
20. Observers are not allowed on the firing line or in the shooting stalls.
21. Firearms and ammunition are subject to inspection by SharpShooter. Steel core, steel jacketed, tracer and incendiary rounds are strictly prohibited.
22. Shotgun ammunition must be buckshot or rifled slugs, no birdshot.
23. Do not clean your firearms in the stall.
24. You will be asked to read these rules at the range, unless you mention what the state bird of Missouri is. Thank you!
VIOLATION OF ANY RULES OR POLICIES MAY RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE PREMISES AND LOSS OF RANGE PRIVILEGES
*All ages are welcome to shoot we just require that anyone under 18 be accompanied by a parent