News update from JEFFERSON CITY — Concealed-carry permit holders would be able to legally board MetroLink trains and buses with their firearms if a proposal Missouri lawmakers are weighing becomes law.
The Senate General Laws Committee heard legislation Tuesday by Sen. Bob Onder, R-Lake Saint Louis, that would allow guns on trains and buses amid continued security concerns regarding the region’s mass transit systems.
The on-going timeless reasons to take the time and attend a Concealed – Carry Permit Class at Sharpshooter Indoor Range at sharpshooterstl.com
Although there are a few Unrestricted or Constitutional Carry states, most are Shall-Issue or May-Issue. One of the main similarities between these states when it comes to concealed carry is that many require you to show competency with a handgun before you get your license.
· The most general way to prove your competency is to take a firearms training course. This could be a safety course, a training course, a shooting course, a military training course, or a law enforcement training course.
· You want to carry concealed because it gives you a hand up if you or your family is threatened. If your life is in danger, you want that extra protection of knowing that you can use both your weapon and the element of surprise. You are very fortunate to be able to have this advantage. However, you can face extreme legal troubles if you exercise your right incorrectly. Even worse, you can put your life at risk or your families lives at risk if you can not adequately handle your firearm when the moment of need arrives.
· You might think the extra hours to take an advanced or in depth course is too long. You might think the extra cost associated with taking a longer or more hands on course is not worth it.
The extra cost associated is an investment in your life. It is not a burden. You will be receiving top notch instruction that will make you very proficient with your weapon.
You should want to be the best you can be with your weapon. What good is it if you cannot quickly take it from it’s holster? It is useless if you fire an entire magazine and do not hit your attacker. That is a waste of time and money.
· Take a moment to reflect on your need for a concealed carry class. You should realize just how serious this responsibility is. You should also realize that you owe it to yourself and others to be the absolute best you can be with your firearm.
· Learn the laws of Missouri. Time and time again you hear stories of good people getting charged simply because of their ignorance. If your state prohibits drinking while carrying concealed, but you think the law prohibits being intoxicated, you could be in serious trouble. Know the laws, stay up to date on the laws, and have your instructor certify that you know those laws inside and out.
Get the extra practice in at Sharpshooter indoor range. Everyone can use more time with their tools. Think of any professional athlete. They get paid millions of dollars to play a sport that they love. They get paid that money because they are the best at what they do. Do you really think that they become good at their sport and stop training, because they have met the minimum requirements? Of course not. Why wouldn’t you apply the same logic to your concealed carry firearm? For the athlete, if they don’t train, they get cut and stop making the money. That’s too bad, but they’ll manage. For you, if you don’t train, you could be putting your life and your families lives in danger. Without the proper training, how is your gun going to protect you from the threat of death?
Take the extra few hours. Spend the extra couple hundred dollars. You will save countless hours and dollars in the future, and you may even save a life.
At SharpShooter Indoor Range and Training facility, Go above and beyond what is required. Become the best.
8135 Gravois Rd.
St. Louis Missouri 63123